Sunday 11 March 2012

Horseshoe Pass

Felt pretty good on Sunday 11th March (after a disastrous Saturday - see below), so set off just before 9 am to go out to North Wales, over the Steps, to Minera, and round to Rhosllanerchrugog down into Llangollen, over the Horseshoe Pass, and then back to Chester. Pretty pleased with an average of 15.9 mph (according to my Garmin 800) for this ride. Strava reported it as 15.8 mph :(.



I'm trying to get some "hard" miles in as I have entered the Oswestry Hilly 17 next Saturday (17th March). So I drove down to Oswestry Saturday morning to ride around the course (D18/2). You can see the course map here.
The whole exercise was a bit of a disaster, since I had a puncture right at the start (although this had the side benefit that I now know my small portable pump works OK), and then after 7 miles of the course my chain snapped ! Couldn't sort it out with the small Parks tool I had so had to freewheel back to the car. Have now put a stronger chain on. I can confirm that the first 7 miles of the course are VERY HILLY. Will be happy to do less than 1.05 next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment